- "Thomas Barnett, born 1764, died after Mar 1840. Early in 1781, while residing in Spartanburg District, SC, he enlisted as a private in the SC state Militia.
After the war, he moved to Franklin Co. GA. In 1805 moved to TN, then afterwards to Montgomery Co. AL until 1820. Tradition says he came to Perry Co. then. Resident Perry 6 Sep 1833 when he applied for pension. Died after Mar 1840."
- "Andrew Beck was born in Rowan Co. NC 15 May 1755; died after May 1839. 6 months military duty Mar 1781 - he enlisted as private in NC Militia. Tour of duty spent guarding several towns....
"During war, Beck resided in Surry Co. NC; afterwards lived in Chatham and Randolph Co. NC. Later moved to Chesterfield Dist. SC and from there to Henry Co. GA.
"Beck came to Perry about 1831; filed pension papers 29 Oct 1833.
- "Samuel Boydston, born around 1761, served as private in the TN Militia. On 9 Feb 1826 acquired land, north of present-day Lakeland Farms. Enrolled for pension 17 Sep 1833. D-O-D unknown."
- John Edwards
- "William England, born 1762, Halifax Co. VA; died after May 1836; enlisted as private in 1776 in NC troops; later served with a SC unit against the Indians; wounded in the ankle at battle of Salkahatchie.
Live Fairfield and Richland Districts SC, for almost 30 years; 15 years Wilkes Co. GA; later Perry and Dallas County AL.
- Robert Evans
- " James Huff, born 15 Sep 1759 Hopewell NJ; died after Feb 1839. Served as a private in VA Militia; present at battle of Yorktown and witnessed surrender of Cornwallis; Resident of Prince William Co. VA during war; lived in Elbert Co. GA from 1792-1809; came to Perry c 1821."--
researcher Melanie Atkins (e-mail updated 5/03)7-98 writes "Benjamin Mathias Huff, son of James M. Huff, (Rev War Vet), was born 1789 in VA and died after 1860 in AL. Two of his sons, James M. and John M. Huff moved to White Co., AR. James later moved to TX." and further (9-2001) modified to: "James Huff (Rev War Vet) and his wife Amy are thought to be the parents of a daughter, Catherine Huff, who married John White; and a son Mathias Huff, who married Charlotta Stokes. Mathias and Charlotta Huff are thought to be the parents of Benjamin Mathias Huff, who married Nancy Leona Cross in Perry County in 1842 and died there about 1868. His widow Nancy and their grown children moved to White Co., AR, and later some of them moved on to Texas. "
- Roswell Huntington.
-"Isabella Kelso - said to have been a heroine of Revolution; moved to Perry 1820, with her husband, Samuel Kelso. (note contradiction by 2001 submitter.) Buried in Mt. Pleasant Cem.; Her husband died 1830.
- George Mayberry.
- James Morgan, Isaac Morris, and Issac [sic] Oaks are all found living Perry Co. in the Alabama 1835 Pension rolls.
- "Benjamin McCormick, applied for pension 17 Sep 1833 while living Perry. Stated his age as 89 and that he had been private in GA Militia."
- Charles Moore .
- " John Pool, born c 1760, resident of Newberry Dist SC; volunteer for 3 mos, as private in SC Troops in autum 1777. Following year enlisted again for another tour of duty.
"Pool was an early settler in Shelby Co. AL arriving c 1819. Came to Perry c 1822."
- Nathan Reid .
- " Joseph Thigpen, born 6 Nov 1758 Dobbs Co. NC; applied for pension 24 Sep 1833 from Perry. Stated he had served as private in NC Militia; died Perry County 1835."
- John Tubb .
- " Garrett Watts applied for pension 16 Jul 1834 from Perry. Stated he had served as private in NC Militia. Born c 1756, died after July 1834." [end Harris quote]
Bettie Watts writes 10/98 -Garrett Zacharias Watts was born in Caroline Co.VA Jan.8,1756; died Feb.6,1838: married to Anna Self ,June,1788. He lived in Perry County at the time of his death .The best estimate of the place where this family lived is near UNIONTOWN. Garrett's daughter-in-law, M.J.Watts, is buried there in Rosemont Cemetery.