Charles John Shackleford

SOURCE: pages, W. Stuart Harris "Heritage of Perry County", 1991.

p 35- "Marion's first physician was Dr. Charles John Shackleford, who built a log cabin just to the south of the courthouse square, on the property where the tin shop of the Uptons later stood. He sold his town property in 1825 and moved to his plantation on the Cahaba River, to the east of Marion." [end Harris quote]

Shackleford is listed in Brewer's, 1872 Legislature listings as serving as a representative twice, 1824 and 1831.
He is listed in Voters of Marion also

Surrounding Counties

Hale | Marengo | Dallas | Bibb | Chilton

Subscribe to Perry County, Alabama Mailing list ALPerry-L