Perry County, Alabama, BIBLIOGRAPHY
The following sources were used in the creation of these pages.
- Alabama, Her History, Resources &tc., W. Brewer, Montgomery Ala, 1872.
- "Researching in Alabama" Marilyn Davis Barefield, Southern Historical Press, Easley, SC, 1987.
- Perry County Heritage, v1", NO index, W. Stuart Harris, Perry Co. Historical Society, 1991.
- "History of Marion, Alabama", Samuel A. Townes, reprint 1985, Samford U. Library, Birmingham AL, 1985
- "Ante-Bellum Alabama: Town and County", Weymouth T. Jordan, 1957 FL State University; 1987 reprint U. of AL Press.
- Capt. W.L.Fagin, an early Perry Co. settler, about the year 1886 publ. his reminiscences; In 1909 these reminscences were reprinted in "Marion Standard" Feb-Apr, 1909.
- Those Gallant Men of the Twenty-eighth Confederate Infantry Regiment, James H. Walker and Robert Curren, 1997
- Some Early Alabama Churches, pp 134-144; compiled by Mabel Ponder Wilson et al, Alabama Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution; n.d. but internal evidence indicates ca 1976; I found copy at Polk County [FL] Historical and Genealogical Library 3-99.
Page created 21 October 1996