|This ALGenWeb County is maintained by Ann Allen Geoghegan||Home | Contact Us | Search|
Land and Mapping
Tips for Research
About This Site
Henry Kay Scott Family
Source: Margaret Yance and Deborah Watford
1. Henry Kay Scott (b. March 7, 1799 in North Carolina? - d. May 1876 in Alabama) came to North Henry County, Alabama in 1830 and established Scottsboro married September 14, 1819 in Cumberland County North Carolina to Celia Carter (b. 1802 in North Carolina - 1898 in Alabama) the daughter of the 1st Wife of James Carter (b. 1777 in North Carolina) James Carters 2nd wife was Winifred (?) born in 1805 in North Carolina.
2. John Scott and Martha Free
3. Winfield M. Scott (b. 1850 - d. 1928) Married Mary Dickson. He was a Justice of the Peace Had 4 children
4. Dora Scott married as 2nd wife to William Edward Hudspeth (1851-1934) the son of Mary Ann (1828-1860) and John M. Hudspeth (b. 1818 - 1891) William was married 1st to Frances H. (1855-1885) Children of Dora Scott and William E. Hudspeth:
5. Richard Scott Hudspeth
4. Lucy Scott (b. August 18, 1878 - d. October 23, 1961)
Married Oscar Davis Had one child I know of John Scott (baby picture) He had
a degenerative disease
3. Marion Scott married Mary Ann Varner. Marion is buried
at Penile Church
2. Jim Scott, never married.
2. Daniel Bazelton Scott married January 11, 1848 to "Laney" Susie Burns or Barnes. [Marriage Record Book 1821-1868, page 127:
3. Lunceford Scott was born January 4, 1850 and died
January 28, 1930. He married Pet Williams
2. Angus McAllister Scott (b. March 23, 1840) married
Susan Amelia Stovall (b. February 8, 187, daughter of Lucenda Key and Thomas
3. Charlie Pittman married Emma Williams [Henry County
Marriage Book 1877-1881, page 437, PITMAN Charlie L. m. WILLIAMS, Emma L.
November 3, 1880.
2. Mary Scott (b. February 8, 1829 - d. April 16, 1900) married January 7, 1847 to Henry Ennis (b. March 1, 1825 - d. May 2, 1896)
3. John Ennis
2. Caroline Scott (b. August 15, 1831 - d. August 17, 1896) married October 15, 1846 in Henry County Alabama to Loami G. Calhoun (b. December 8, 1808 - d. June 10, 1877 in Henry County) . [Marriage Book 1821-1868, page 115]
3. John C. Calhoun married Bessie Moore and lived in Tyler, [Smith County], Texas.
4. Galloway Calhoun
3. William Calhoun (b. 1852) married 1st September 30, 1880 to Newtie Peterman . [Henry County Marriage Book 1877-1881, page 422, CALHOUN, William H. married PETERMAN, Martha N. on September 30, 1880.] He married 2nd, 1897 to Tina Lucas Bush. [Henry County Marriage Book 1897-1900, page 18, CALHOUN, W. H. married LUCAS, Virginia N. on February 2, 1897.]
4. Vernon Calhoun
3. A. Jack Calhoun was born August 10, 1847 and died January 5, 1930. He married Nancy E. Hayes who was born May 20, 1852 4. Galloway Calhoun
4. William Calhoun married Alice Grice. [Henry County
Marriage Book 1893-1896, page 5, CALHOUN, William H. married GRICE, Alice on
December 10, 1893.]
5. Foy Davis married Marie Bland
6. Nan Davis married Ralph Clenney. [Nan Davis Clenny was a Henry County Health Nurse, R.N., for many, many years. Ralph Clenny or Clenney operated a service station off the square in Abbeville from many years. It was located on the southeast corner of Williams and Doswell Street in Abbeville.]
5. Gordon Davis married Charlotte Martin of Virginia and
had no children, but adopted two (2). Names Unknown.
4. Mamie Calhoun married Oscar Davis. [Henry County
Marriage Book 1898-1900, DAVIS, Oscar Henry married CALHOUN, Mamie on
December 17, 1899.]
5. Elizabeth Calhoun
4. Jasper Calhoun married Rilla Taylor
3. Loami Calhoun, Jr. married Nancy Davis
2. Angus McAllister Scott born March 23, 1840 and died February 15, 1915. He married Susan Amelia Stovall (1847-1926). Susan was the daughter of Thomas Stovall and Lucy Key of Stewart County, Georgia. She was born February 8, 1847. Angus and Susan A. Stovall were married January 19, 1869. Susan Stovall Scott died January 29, 1926.
3. Marcus Tullis Cicero Scott was born February 16, 1870.
M.T. C. Scott was a medical doctor and married Lucy Reynolds, daughter of
Charles Jackson Reynolds and wife, Mary Clayton Solomon on October 19, 1899.
Dr. M.T.C. Scott died February 2, 1928.
4. Mary Gussie Scott was born November 29, 1897
3. Celia Lucinda Scott was born September 23, 1873. Celia
died at the age of two years in 1875
4. Marcus Thomas Scott was born May 20, 1909 in Headland, Alabama. He married Lucille Murphy, daughter of Daniel R. Murphy and wife, Eveline Paramore. They were married in Columbia on October 1, 1930. [Angus married 2nd (?) Rollins of Columbia]
5. Marvin Tullis Scott was born October 8, 1932 in Headland, Alabama
4. Agnes Scott was born June 11, 1912 in Headland. Agnes Scott married James Robert Owens, son of Judge Haisten Whitman Owens and wife, Mary Vann, on October 8, 1933 at the Methodist Parsonage in Montevallo, Shelby County, Alabama. At that time Anges was a student at Alabama College [now The University of Montevallo.] Anges married 2nd, Gethral Dink Halstead, son of Judge David Clayton Halstead and wife, Ora Balcomb on July 31, 1948 in Winder, Georgia. [Agnes was a master English teacher at Headland High School and Dink Halstead was an attorney at law on the square in Headland.] James Robert Owens died December 24, 1935 in Abbeville. He was born August 23, 1903 in Abbeville, the grandson of Judge Haiston Edgar Owens and wife Mary Hagood and great-grandson of Whitman Hill Owens who died in 1870 in Abbeville.
5. Barbara Scott Owens was born June 25, 1935.
4. Charlotte Scott and Thomas Wayne Elkin, Jr., son of Thomas Wayne Elkins, Sr. and Elizabeth Pope of Meridian, Mississippi, were married May 1, 190 in Tuskeegee, Alabama. Both were students at Alabama Polytechnical Institute [Auburn University] at the time
5. Elizabeth Susan Elkin was born January 15, 1941 in
Auburn, Lee County, Alabama
3. Walter Scott, M. D. married Margaret Oates Lindsay, daughter of Edgar Lindsay and wife, Margaret Oates. Walter and Margaret were married October 1, 1908. Walter married 2nd to Letchie Gary in May 1930. Dr. Walter Scott died October 27, 1951.
4. Mary Jordan Scott, daughter of the first marriage, was married to M. W. Espy.
5. Wattie Espy never married
2. Mannon or Manuel Scott was born in 1841 and married Nancy Lucas. No issue, had four (4) adopted children.
There were twelve (12) children of Celia Carter and Henry K. Scott. Several sons died in the War of Secession (1861-1865).
Sources: "The History of Henry County" by Mrs. Marvin (Clyde Stovall)
|This Page was Created October 2007 | Last Modified Saturday, 29-Nov-2014 21:20:27 EST|