|This ALGenWeb County is maintained by Ann Allen Geoghegan||Home | Contact Us | Search|
Land and Mapping
Tips for Research
About This Site
Bayley Oakley Family
1. Bayley Oakley married Euphemia Ferris born July 4, 1789, Yorktown, New York; died November 28, 1868 New York City. Family records show that the Oakley’s came to Boston after the overthrow of Cromwell and the Restoration of King Charles I of England. The family migrated to the colony of New York after its capture by the English from the Dutch and settled at Westchester. One of the Oakley’s became first mayor of Westchester, New York. Many Oakley’s saw service in the American Revolution for the colonies.
2. Nathaniel Ferris Oakley, born September 12, 1815 in Westchester County New York; died April 2, 1863 in army of C. S. A. married January 9, 1842 to Nancy McGriff born October 2, 1824; died March 12, 1883 the daughter of Margaret Moses who married January 19, 1822 in Henry County, Alabama to William McGriff.
3. Margaret Oakley born 1843 never married.
4. Nattie Peterson
3. Nathaniel J. Oakley born February 8, 1854; died April 10, 1916; married Johnie Daffin of Fla.
4. Zora Oakley married Walton Yarbrough the son of
Minnie Lee Wilson, of Notasulga,
5. Tom Davis Married Miss Pitts (No Issue)
3. Walter Flake Oakley born July 20, 1856; died March 19, 1929; married Eloise Thomas born 1871/2; daughter of Peter F. and Ellen (Cassady) Thomas of Lawrenceville.
4. Walter Flake Oakley II married Florrie Fields
5. Marion L. Oakley Jr. of Columbia Alabama married Martha Lois Mitchell daughter of Gary Mitchell and Kate Parker
4. Lawrence Oakley married Eleanor Onderdonk
3. Lanning Ferris Oakley born January 1, 1852; died March
4. Karl L. Oakley married 1910 to Janie Campbell the
daughter of George L.
|This Page was Created October 2007 | Last Modified Saturday, 29-Nov-2014 21:20:26 EST|