|This ALGenWeb County is maintained by Ann Allen Geoghegan||Home | Contact Us | Search|
Land and Mapping
Tips for Research
About This Site
Adoniram Bapitst Church
Submitted by Bert Childs
Adoniram Bapitst Church is on County Road 65 south west of Hardwickburg. It was first the Yatta Abbey Baptist Church, one of the older churches in the county. Records show it to be in existence in 1842. It was was a log structure some where near the east end of the present bridge over the Abbey Creek on the old road from Hardwickburg to Brown's Crossroads. In 1845, the church was the Baptist Church of the Chitty at Adoniram and in 1857, the Baptist Church at Adoniram. In 1863, it was the Baptist Church of Christ at Adoniram and finally in 1959, the Adoniram Baptist Church.
|This Page was Created November 2007 | Last Modified Saturday, 29-Nov-2014 21:21:24 EST|