- I am new to genealogy, where do I start?
- Start at the GenBasics
page. There you will find
lessons, forms, databases, free programs, and many other things needed
to begin your journey.
- I am looking for information about a certain individual,
will you find it for me?
- I do not have time to do research for you. But we
are blessed with many people volunteering to do look-ups. Please check
the look-up page, and do a site search for
the individual you are
- How do I contact the County Coordinator for DeKalb County?
- You will find my email on the contact
page. It is not a clickable link, you must type it into your
yourself. There is, however, a clickable link on the Home page.
- Are there other means of communication with the CC or
other users of the site?
- There is a group at Yahoo for users to join or just
post in if they choose. I am hoping the group will become more active
in time. Posting any names that you are looking for may be better
posted there than sent to me. Others can read them and perhaps you will
make contact with family. There is a group link on the Home page and on
the Contact page. I have also put up my messenger screen names.
- What do you recommend that I do to try to make contact
others looking for the same surname?
- First you should send me your surnames and your
email and your name to put on the Surname page.
And, as stated in
answer 4, post them in the group.
- How do I get copies of vital records?
- Look on the Research
Resources page to find the
instructions, addresses and the price of the record. Most are snail
mail addresses. Phone numbers are also listed.
- The photos are so tiny. How do I find a big photo?
- The small photos are 'thumbnails'. If the curser
changes when you put it on the 'thumbnail', click and you will be taken
to a full size photo. Remember, images take a while to load.
- How do I contribute to the site, and what can I contribute?
- Just send your data to me by email. You can use
.txt, .rtf, .doc files. Photos in .jpg or .gif. I welcome anything of
genealogical importance. A one name tree, mystery, brick wall, photos,
obits, vitals, or any news material. Also data from cemeteries, census,
and other sources are always welcome. Even if you have only 2 or 3
grave photos, that would be welcome. A virtual cemetery can be built
from a photo here and one from there. Same with databases. If you have
only data on one surname, perhaps another person will send in another
name, and eventually the whole database would be complete. I will get
it up usually within 2 days. If it is going to take longer, I will
email you and tell you.
- Do you have everything available on the site?
- I put the information up as I have it. So all that
have is available onsite. Please keep checking back.
- How do I go about adopting a county?
Copyright 2007-2008 Sheri Bush. 2009 Annette Bame Peebles