Lisman School

Contributed 21 Nov 2007 by Jim Ezell

The first school in Lisman was established soon after the construction of the AT&N Railroad. Classes were initially conducted in a building on the Charles Thomas Ezell Plantation. This photo was taken possibly during the years 1913 to 1915. Maude Ezell, later Maude Ezell Patrick was the teacher.

Students shown are as follows (the later married names of the girls are shown in parentheses):

Front row from L-R: Virginia Ezell (Moore), Ruby Ezell (Holder), Ina Christopher (Graves), Henry Ezell, Martha Ezell, and Thurman Jackson.

Middle row from L-R: Beatrice Harmon (Fitzpatrick), Pauline Means (Ford), Mollie Means (Barefield), and Howard Christopher.

The two students standing to the right of the teacher are: Irene Ezell (Cullen) and Susie Lee Williams (Allen).

The back row from L-R: Norma Ezell (Powers), Carrie Anna Atkinson (Mason), Mayme Atkinson (Tate), William Henry Atkinson, and Aubrey Jackson.

  Back to Photos
  Back to Choctaw County GenWeb Page